Pictures from the All Carolina Invitational Male Choral Festival at UNC-Chapel Hill. Congratulations to all the guys who performed!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Thursday, January 21, 2010
-February 20: EOE (see previous posts about rehearsals)
-March 11: Arts Night
-April 15-18 (leaving Ap14PM): Florida Competition Trip
-April 30 and May 1: Spring Chorus Concert
-May 14 and 15: The Wiz (Spring Musical)
-June 10: Chorus sings at NHS graduation
The Chorus Parents Association will meet on the following evenings:
-Tuesday Feb 2nd: 7pm-- discuss semester as a whole, focus on EOE and long-term goals
-Thursday Mar 4th: 7pm-- getting ready for Arts Night and thinking ahead to Florida and spring concert
-Tuesday April 13th: 7pm REQUIRED: Florida Parent Meeting to discuss final itinerary, collect insurance information, meet chaperones and sign paperwork.
-Thursday, April 22nd: 7pm ---Getting ready for the Spring Concert!
I am very excited about this semester. We have a lot of good music for the Florida competition and Spring Concert. Look for more information about costumes and fundraisers in the near future. Thank you for your support!
Monday, January 11, 2010
On Tuesday January 12th we have tenor/bass day for EOE practice from 2:45-3:45.
On Wednesday January 13th the FINAL payment for the Florida competition trip is due, unless you are on a different payment plan that you have discussed with me.
The ACIMCF schedule for guys is:
-Friday January 15th
- 5:45-6:55pm registration
- 7:00-7:15pm seating: in the Kenan Music Building
- 7:15-8:15pm rehearsal: in the Kenan Music Building
- 8:15-8:25pm break
- 8:25-9:00pm sectionals: in the Kenan Music Building
- 9:00-9:30pm rehearsal: in the Kenan Music Building
- 9:30pm go home and sleep!!!
-Saturday January 16th
- 8:30-9:45am rehearsal: in the Kenan Music Building
- 9:45-10:00am break
- 10:00-11:00 rehearsal/clinic: in the Kenan Music Building
- 11:00-1:00pm lunch: on your own
- 1:00-1:45pm sectionals: in the Kenan Music Building
- 2:00-3:00pm reheasal/clinic: in the Hill Hall Auditorium
- 3:00-4:00pm rehearsal: in the Hill Hall Auditorium
- 4:00-4:30pm break
- 4:15-4:30pm UNC MGC run-thru
- 4:30-5:15pm run-thru: in the Hill Hall Auditorium
- 5:15-5:40pm dress: Dress in Hill Hall
- 5:40pm meet/line up: in the Kenan Music Building
- 6:00pm concert: in the Hill Hall Auditorium
- 6:45pm festival ends
*You should bring: your music, a pencil, water, and money for lunch on Saturday!
*On Saturday, the clothes you will wear for the show is dark slacks, dress shirt and tie, dard socks and shoes. In addition, participants should bring a black folder.
*The cost for general admission is $5.00.
*You can recieve more information at http://www.uncmensgleeclub.org
The exam schedule for my classes is:
- Thurs. January 14th: Knight Sounds exam in a.m. then MidKnight Blues review in pm
- Fri. January 15th: MidKnight Blues exam in the am then Blues in the Knight review in pm
- Mon. January 18th: NO SCHOOL
- Tues. January 19th: Blues in the Knight exam