Thursday, August 25, 2011

Welcome back, Northern Chorus!

Hello everyone!


Welcome back! My name is Mrs. Lindsey Hayek, and I am the new chorus teacher at Northern. I am very much looking forward to meeting and working with the students and parents of the Northern Chorus. Whether it is your first year or fourth year with the chorus, I am sure it will be an exciting and productive year for all involved.

I hope we can learn more about each other as the semester progresses. My goal is to teach a love and understanding for choral music by singing with healthy vocal technique and studying a wide variety of music. A well-rounded musician can sing music from many different genres, cultures, and historical time-periods with expressive and technical accuracy. I want to create musically literate singers that are independent enough to carry on their musical endeavors beyond the NHS chorus classroom. I hope that together we can create beautiful music to share with each other, Northern High, and the community.

There will be parent meeting on Tuesday, September 6th, at 7 PM in the chorus room for any parent/guardian that would like to meet me or learn more about what's going on with Northern Chorus this year! Hope you can come!

Please turn in signed chorus contracts by Friday, September 2nd. Also, please check this blog often, as it's a great way to stay updated with the chorus. You can also Facebook my "teacher" account which is "Lindsey D Hayek" for other updates. Do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment